Eggs in a Basket
I have found a new love and his name is Egg Cup. Meal prepping for the week is easy when it comes to lunch and snacks, then there is breakfast. If you are not having some type of cereal, make ahead breakfast can present a challenge. Yes there all the different variations of overnight oats, acai bowls and chia seed cups, but I want some eggs and don't get me started on a good nice delicious omelet. No matter how good all the omelets are, they aren't as amazing when you reheat them days later after cooking them. I do my meal prep on the weekend so even eating an egg dish two days later, it becomes a little lack luster.
When I came across the amazingness of an egg cup, it sounded almost too good to be true. You mean to tell me i can essentially get all the wonderfulness of an omelet and not lose any of the goodness that makes and omelet what I love. Unbelievable to say the least. So of course I had to try this for myself.
What did I find ... that not only is the egg cup amazing, but it also takes about to 20 minutes to make, still taste great after a few days, and is more than easy to make (the oven does all the real work).
What you will need:
- Muffin tin (6, 12, or 24 cups)
- cooking spray
- Vegetables (I used spinach, tomatoes)
- Cheese (optional)
Lets get cooking
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray
- Scramble Eggs and season with salt and pepper in a bowl (the muffin tin you use depends on the amount of eggs you will need)
- Add various vegetable to your muffin tins. The order you put them in the tin doesn't matter because the egg will surround everything.
- Pour eggs in muffin tins over the vegetables
- Place muffin tin in over for 15 - 20 minutes depending on your oven. Take out when eggs are fully cooked.
- Take egg cups out the muffin tin to cool faster
- ENJOY !!!
When all the egg cups have cooled completely you can put them in storage containers and in the fridge to keep for the week.
Yes this is just that simple. The prep time is about 10 minutes if that long and the oven does that rest. When you go to eat them, reheat in the microwave and they taste like they just came out the oven. The best part about this is that you can make eachcup different.
Show off all your Egg Cups in the comments below. Don't be shy.